You can change the website theme from Light to Dark by clicking here

Unbanned [TP]Burrow | Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Submitted Reports & Ban Appeals' started by TP Burrow, Nov 28, 2016.

1. TP Burrow

TP Burrow

PR:BF2 In-Game Name:
    [TP]Burrow_
    What is your In-game Name?
    [TP]Burrow

What is your PR:BF2 CD-Hash?
    7fa4c3427b3ca2a142b898e780f8874f

Which server were you banned from?
    BASED | North America

Do you know the name of the admin who banned you?
    NO

What is the approximate date you were banned?
    Yesterday
    What is the approximate time you were banned?
    00:00 UTC

What happened before/leading up-to your ban?
    Viruselli is a Thief and a Liar.

As mentioned in this thread:
    https://www.alwaysbased.com/threads/tp-burrow_-player-report.2143/

You clearly already know this, However if you wish it from the Horses mouth then I guess I am it.
    I would like to appeal the lifetime Ban you have awarded me for an incident that occurred on the NWA server over 4 months ago.

First, I would like to explain that, I am not a hacker, griefer or cheat. I have never had any problems playing along side or versus Based or any other PR clan. I have found most to be a welcoming and friendly community. I have enjoyed playing PR for the last year with Tiger Platoon. A well established and experienced clan, that I am sure you are aware of. http://tigerplatoon.com/CMS/index.php

I have made over 100 PR videos with [tp] over the last year on this utube account: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj07jlN2tF1CUAKhElYCwtA

You can see many examples of me being a good medic and squad mate, hopefully this will go some way to suggesting my good nature, teamwork and a modicum of skill.

I am accused of "Ghosting". I have heard of this term, however assumed it was when you had a friendly player on your teamspeak, telling you where things were. Not Mumble.

I was on NWA 2 months ago playing on Falujah west as USMC. Whilst defending a FOB in the Bravo Two compound, I spotted a Civilian heading towards us. I notified my squad lead and he moved to flank him, to arrest.
    We were both startled when we could suddenly hear the Civilian speak on our local Mumble channel.

In all the time all three of us had played PR, we had never heard of this occurring. Perceiving this as a new glitch, I started to record the incident. We suggested he restart Mumble and PR, he explained he had already done both and neither had worked. As the video proves it was his suggestion to come to us and offer aid to us.

However I admit, We did take advantage of this fresh Intel and decide to act on it. Intending to treat the Civilian as a VIP informant and get the cache the entire team had been struggling to converge on for some time. So I admit guilt of Ignorance for not knowing what "Ghosting" was and I am guilty of trying to use the Intelligence to our advantage.

After the event, I posted this video on the PR forums, Intending it to helpful to point out to others what a bizarre glitch it was, however also how much fun it was. With the Devs hopefully taking the suggestion and running with it on the next update. Everyone should be able to talk to Civilians on local mumble Imho.

I was quite astounded by the response, allegations of Cheating, Ghosting and more direct messages with personal insults attached via PM. Until this time I thought the PR community capable of rising beyond the teenage angst of CoD. I was quickly ordered to remove the video by my superiors and did my best to delete my PR account ( I am not In Venezuela) I have not, nor will I ever post anything on their forums again.

I understand that because of this lone incident that was a stupid mistake, I am now banned for life from both Merk, HOG and Based It pains me to know that I cannot play with you, nor with my clan when they choose to play on your server.

Therefore I humbly submit to your mercy and ask for this ban to be lifted. I solemnly promise that If I ever see another talking civilian I will arrest the twat and not indulge his desire to betray his team.

Thanks for your time
    Pvt Burrow
    Tiger Platoon

P.S: I have reported Viruselli to Utube for illegaly using my video, this is proved by the fact his video no longer works and my re-uploaded video does work.

Also after the appeal to NWA and Merk was successful I asked both admins to feed back to yourselves and all other PR servers the result of this appeal. Feel free to speak to PEaveey from Merk if you want clarification, or visit tis thread on their forum:http://merkpr.co.uk/forum/m/654690/viewthread/28486695-tp-burrow/post/123566014#p123566014

Was there anything else happening in the server at the time, or earlier?
    Not to my knowledge

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  2. HoneyBadger

HoneyBadger Community Friend

HoneyBadger
    Hello, [TP]Burrow. A vote to unban you is up the admin forum. It will close exactly on Dec 6, 2016 at 00:22.

3. FFG

FFG Sir CEO of BASED Community Friend

PR:BF2 Clan Prefix/Tag:
    [TZ]
    FFG
    P.S: I have reported Viruselli to Utube for illegaly using my video, this is proved by the fact his video no longer works and my re-uploaded video does work.

Just for future reference, He did nothing wrong, and that was an abuse of the DMCA system.

STompa likes this.
  4. UGANDA_LGBT_RIGHTS

UGANDA_LGBT_RIGHTS

VIDEOSETTINGS_SETLIGHTING_QUALITY_1
    "I have heard of this term, however assumed it was when you had a friendly player on your teamspeak, telling you where things were. Not Mumble."

Ayylmao

Brah banWhatever likes this.
  5. TP Burrow

TP Burrow

[TP]Burrow_
    FFG: Just for future reference, He did nothing wrong, and that was an abuse of the DMCA system.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, However copying and uploading somebody's work without their permission is theft. I followed Utubes legal process and made a formal request for it to be removed. I then reuploaded it on my channel to assist with these appeals.

I do not appreciate your statement that this was an abuse of this system, I feel I was totally within my rights to request it to be removed. Viruselli has not attempted to even speak to me about it or object to this appeal through the Utube process

Rooky_Ghost likes this.
  6. Crumbles

Crumbles Clan Representative Squad Admin Clan Leader DENCH

Crumbles
    You don't exactly seem remorseful.

STompa, exel82, Genitals and 2 others like this.
  7. TP Burrow

TP Burrow

[TP]Burrow_
    I regret not arresting that Civvie, I regret recording it, I regret uploading it. I regret wasting electricity on all of it. However I have no regrets about ensuring my work is not used maliciously against me for profit. I have never monetized my channel, However Viruselli did and he was getting paid for showing my work.

Viruselli broke ToS of Utube, I appealed, They asked for proof, I showed them, He was given 7 days to respond, never did and Blam his video is blocked. I struggle to believe that Based would ever condone theft of somebodys property. Even if that person is stupid enough not to know what Ghosting was.

I am guilty of idiocy nothing more. Do you ban people for being stupid?

Rooky_Ghost likes this.
  8. Genitals

Genitals Bourgeois in the streets Proletariat in the sheets Community Friend Donator

Wasn't his video not listed? Which means it wasn't monetized.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. You'd think someone who's made over 100 youtube videos of PR would have known what ghosting is.

STompa and Dockside Bars like this.
  9. Little-Midget

Little-Midget Community Friend

Utd|
    Little-Midget
    I know I'm not the only one but for me this whole post comes across badly, what I get from the above is that you regret getting caught.

What's wrong with a honest "sorry, i fucked up, I understand how wrong it is to ghost, it won't happen again"

10. TP Burrow

TP Burrow

[TP]Burrow_

Okay, I thought I had done that several times in my original post, perhaps sarcasm does not translate over text.

"I fucked up, I understand how wrong it is to Ghost it Won't happen again"
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 29, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 29, 2016 ---
    Ignorance of the law is no excuse. You'd think someone who's made over 100 youtube videos of PR would have known what ghosting is.[/QUOTE]

I had heard of it, However as I explained in my original post I had never experienced it. We are not cheaters, we dont try to cheat so we dont study the ways of cheating. I have never claimed to be perfect or to know everything.

I am puzzled by this process, one person can ban me, but it takes a vote to unban me? Regardless of how apologetic, diplomatic, logical or articulate I am you still continue to ask questions I have already answered.

11. TP.Noergaard

TP.Noergaard

[TP]Noergaard
    This stops here!

Burrow and all of Tiger Platoon have made there case! We will not take anymore of this public, self-promoting scrutiny, psychoanalysis and judgement.

The senior members of Based know what they need know, and we have, in the post above and two others made reading material enough for a fucking novel.

If anymore information is required it will be via PM to me. We will not post anymore on this thread or any other.

12. bandwevil

bandwevil Community Friend

bandwevil
    No, there was a vote to ban you as well.

13. Little-Midget

Utd|
    Little-Midget
    The two people making comments of scrutiny, myself and genitals... Senior admins......

We all feel this could have been dealt with better, shit happens but honesty goes along way. There's no way in hell that you can play pr for this long and not know what ghosting is, no matter what you say.

Either way, the vote is up and the result will be within a week.

14. Katyusha

Katyusha Grand Autismo Clan Representative Squad Admin Clan Leader [TAC]

[TAC]
    Katyusha
    Must be a pretty short novel

Ranbi2Delta likes this.
  15. UGANDA_LGBT_RIGHTS

UGANDA_LGBT_RIGHTS

VIDEOSETTINGS_SETLIGHTING_QUALITY_1
    How is he getting paid, lol
    Is he a youtube partner now?Cus im pretty sure most of his videos have music that he downloaded and didnt compose it himself.You dont get payed if u use someone else's content, but definately a nice try

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  16. FFG

[TZ]
    FFG
    Yes

Ranbi2Delta and Vista like this.
  17. Wicca

Wicca Community Friend

Wicccccaaa
    Didnt viirus also ghost and get banned like ages ago? He got unbanned eventually..

18. FFG

[TZ]
    FFG
    He didn't get unbanned from BASED, He was never banned in the first place.

19. Little-Midget

Utd|
    Little-Midget
    That was prta, but key word there.

EVENTUALLY.

20. 3ti65

3ti65 Community Friend

Utd|
    3ti65
    Have some mercy with this guy. Not his fault alone that he caught the milsims

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.