You can change the website theme from Light to Dark by clicking here

Hilarious incident in Burning Sands

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bulletcontrol, Feb 9, 2016.

1. bulletcontrol

bulletcontrol

PR:BF2 In-Game Name:
    BulletControl
    9pm UK time we're playing Burning Sands and we have two tanks on our side, one of which is only being used. Two (2) people in the locked tank squad and I and one other player from APC squad tell them we're hopping in the tank squad as the other tank has been in the base unused for a while.

Then I hear these darn bright comments about how we cannot take the tank as enemy cas is up and it is a threat to us. Dude, you yourself have a tank there in the middle of the goddamn city. He also said he is not gonna open the squad and when I pointed out he is out there himself with a tank and if the cas is such a threat, why dont you come back to main, he said he doesn't care and won't unlock it.

Basically the guy was keeping both tanks to himself. Then I get banned for telling him what an utter prick he is.
    Can't wait to meet more bright people like him in the future, a lot of those around nowadays.

Btw, what's the duration of a ban in a situation like this? Either the guy was an admin himself or someone does't like swearing.

2. Jello

Jello Scared of turkeys Community Friend

Jello
    A tempban lasts 3 hours. Sorry to hear that people lock their squads and don't let random players have a chance to come and play with their assets =/

Sandepp likes this.
  3. TheYeeBoss

TheYeeBoss Wu-Wu-Wu-Wu-Wu-Wu-Wu Wu-Wu Wu-Wu-Wu-Wu-Wu-Wu YEE Clan Member DENCH 1k Like faggot

Thedutchboss
    Can't wait to see the juicy logs from the round

4. Crumbles

Crumbles Clan Representative Squad Admin Clan Leader DENCH

Crumbles
    Nothing wrong with preserving tanks. If you were good at preserving assets you probably wouldn't have been asking for a tank. Being in the city is the best thing you can do against CAS; hellfires are only useful if you have line of sight and you can use buildings to hide.

Ban is probably a temporary ban, lasts 3 hours or until the server restarts (crashes).

Sandepp likes this.
  5. Jello

Jello Scared of turkeys Community Friend

Jello
    Also was this on BASED NA or EU?

6. bulletcontrol

bulletcontrol

BulletControl
    I would have been okay with it if he had proper reasons and not bs excuses. Jello, those guys looked pretty random themselves and we had been in the APC squad from the beginning and just wanted to make a use of the tank which they weren't using.
    Oh and I love how when they got taken down in the city, they respawned in the main and grabbed the tank and headed towards the city. What about the CAS you were talking about, not such a threat anymore? It just killed you 2 minutes ago....

E: It was EU. Yeah wasnt trying to make too big of a fuss over this, just wanted to know how long the bans usually are, decided to post the story along. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  7. Fnixer

Fnixer Master of tags Staff Moderator Clan Representative Squad Admin Clan Leader Spearhead WOTF Staff BCT Admin

PR:BF2 Clan Prefix/Tag:
    SH|
    Fnixer
    Tank squad, APC, Trans, etc can lock their squads when they wish to. Preserving assets in main in case you go down is not against the rules either so they did nothing wrong.
    You were in the entire wrong since you were by the looks of it sitting in the tank the entire time and not getting out, why you got kicked. Dont act like a prick next time yourself.
    @schakal811
    [21:50 SQUAD 5 ] schakal811: !w bullet stealing
    [21:50 SQUAD 8 ] Dude_Nukem91: !shownext
    [21:51 TEAM 2 ] BulletControl: what stealing
    [21:51 SQUAD 8 ] Dude_Nukem91: charlies point,std
    [21:51 SQUAD 5 ] Utd| Erikkir[*RR*]: !w bullet steal
    [21:51 TEAM 2 ] schakal811: u have to be in the tank squad to use that
    [21:51 TEAMKILL] =MeRk= (ENG)_MIDGET_{EN TEAMKILLS =MeRk= endreein
    [21:51 SQUAD 8 ] SH| Lorfah: !r black_yellow, no mic, sq lead
    [21:51 SQUAD 4 ] Brah unBanned.13: sry, he survived 2 shells...
    [21:51 TEAM 2 ] BulletControl: switching if needed
    [21:51 SQUAD 5 ] schakal811: !k yellow mic
    [21:51 TEAMKILL] Ovopack TEAMKILLS BAz-77
    [21:51 TEAMKILL] Ovopack TEAMKILLS [PR]PDI|Leviathan
    [21:51 TEAM 1 ] mr.pineapple: tank maybe i warehouse
    [21:51 TEAM 2 ] BulletControl: tank, open squad
    [21:51 TEAM 1 ] Ovopack: ow...
    [21:51 TEAM 1 ] DICKS Raidonrai: Are you retarded BMP
    [21:51 TEAM 1 ] Ovopack: sry
    [21:51 TEAM 1 ] mr.pineapple: in warehouse
    [21:51 TEAM 2 ] BulletControl: "sorry no
    [21:51 TEAM 2 ] BulletControl: so, just leave this one tank uselss here?
    [21:51 TEAM 2 ] BulletControl: bullshit
    [21:51 TEAM 2 ] BulletControl: were taking it if they dont open the squad
    [21:51 TEAM 2 ] SH| Lorfah: then you're getting kicked
    [21:51 TEAM 2 ] schakal811: i will kick u then
    [21:52 TEAM 1 ] sEX_YU puffy325: tank ded
    [21:52 TEAM 2 ] BulletControl: why would it be better to have this here not used
    [21:52 GLOBAL ] =MeRk= CL0WN23: !r can someone switch me pls to uk? tks
    [21:52 SQUAD 5 ] Utd| Erikkir[*RR*]: !w bullet get out
    [21:52 TEAM 2 ] BulletControl: Im just waitng they open the squad
    [21:52 TEAM 2 ] OpTic Amriki: havoc down
    [21:52 SQUAD 5 ] Utd| Erikkir[*RR*]: !w mrjoe get out
    [21:52 SQUAD 9 ] 228 Shumov: !switch clow now
    [21:53 TEAM 2 ] dosjaa: gj
    [21:53 SQUAD 9 ] 228 Shumov: !switch clown now
    [21:53 SQUAD 7 ] coperher: regroup?
    [21:53 SQUAD 9 ] 228 Shumov: switch CLOWN now
    [21:53 SQUAD 9 ] 228 Shumov: !switch CLOWN now
    [21:53 SQUAD 9 ] 228 Shumov: !switch CLOWN23
    [21:53 TEAM 2 ] BulletControl: fuck this prick
    [21:53 TEAM 2 ] BulletControl: bohoo you cant take it because there is cas
    [21:53 TEAM 1 ] mr.pineapple: !shownext
    [21:53 TEAM 2 ] BulletControl: WELL YOU HAVE ONE YOURSELF
    [21:53 SQUAD 6 ] NEPz Hitman-N3Px: !shownext
    [21:53 TEAM 2 ] BulletControl: idiot
    [21:53 SQUAD 5 ] Utd| Erikkir[*RR*]: !w bullet stop it
    [21:53 TEAM 2 ] BulletControl: "I dnt care, I wont open the squad
    [21:54 SQUAD 9 ] 228 Shumov: !switch CL0wn now
    [21:54 GLOBAL ] BulletControl: prick
    [21:54 SQUAD 1 ] [POV] ARC*fecht_niko: !r bulletcon spam, insult
    [21:54 GLOBAL ] Utd| Erikkir[*RR*]: !tb bullet said so

8. bulletcontrol

bulletcontrol

BulletControl
    Thanks, good to know it's allowed. I'll direct people to this post if I ever lock an asset squad and someone wants to join.

True, I was in the tank but not all the time, we got out before the guys died in there.

9. Hulsey

Hulsey Community Friend

Hulsey
    Preserving assets is allowed yes, and is a very clever tactic in this situation. What's the point in taking the risk of losing 2 tanks against CAS when you can just take 1? Assets are assigned by name, only the named squad can use them, unless you strictly have permission from the SL of said asset squad. Stealing an asset because you think it's useless is still breaking rules.

Like @Crumbles pointed out, if you had preserved your APC's in this similar fashion you wouldn't have been really asking for tank. Asset wasting is against the rules and generally just ruins everyone's gameplay.

10. fecht_niko

fecht_niko El PatrĂ³n Donator BCT Clan Leader

[POV]
    ARC*fecht_niko
    We were hiding from cas when you as apc sl asked to use the tank.
    I told you in a very friendly way that I dont want you to use it because our cas is down and theirs is up. You kept on spamming chat & mumble.
    You also started manning the tank + insulting several times on chat.
    Grow up, read the server rules and learn from experience players when to use assets. Instead asking for the tank you should have taken the AAV to shoot the enemy cas!

11. Aijt

Aijt Lead Cat & Squid servers Sysadmin Moderator Clan Member Spearhead Donator

SH|
    Aijt
    As a sidenote.. Nice haha

Ideli, 3ti65, Vista and 3 others like this.
  12. alex.sweedensniiperr

alex.sweedensniiperr Pro memesester Community Friend

alex.sweedensniiperr
    haha! HILARIOUS situation my friend!

13. Paragonid

Paragonid best adm1n 2017 Clan Member Spearhead

Suff
    Not considering who's right or wrong in the situation above, I have a question about server rules.

Does "Preserving assets is allowed" mean that I can create locked APC squad with 2 members on map with 4 APCs and never share them with anyone except Mech Inf?

Does it mean, I can create tank squad and never use tanks at all, running as infantry?

It seems to be a common situation, when APC squad is locked before there's enough crew to man all spawnable APCs (and there's no mech inf). Or claimed asset squad not using that asset.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  14. Flix

Flix Hibernating SH posterboy Squad Admin Clan Leader Spearhead

SH|
    Flix
    Yes, you're allowed to lock a asset squad with less players then what would be needed to man all assets you may claim. The rationale behind this has been stated in earlier posts in this thread.

However, I do believe that a person who locks a assets squad with no intention of using said assets at all would be violating rule 2.5 and 7.3, and should thus be resigned. Keep in mind that sometimes it might seem like this is the case, but the players in question might just be waiting for respawn.

15. Paragonid

Paragonid best adm1n 2017 Clan Member Spearhead

Suff
    Intention is hard to identify. Maybe you are going to use asset if/when correct moment will come, but it's just not right now. Or you delay using the asset for your specific "Surprise you thought we will never use it" tactics you're going to implement in the end of the round. So in my opinion 2.5 and 7.3 are hard to apply objectively.

if you preserve assets 2.5 Do you work coherently with the team?
    This decision if you do work coherently or not can be made only by admin as far as I understand?

16. Fnixer

Fnixer Master of tags Staff Moderator Clan Representative Squad Admin Clan Leader Spearhead WOTF Staff BCT Admin

SH|
    Fnixer
    Most if not all our admins have played pr for years and can easily spot players intentions. It really isnt hard to predict pr players most "trics" or "tactics" have been done time and time again. If you have just played long enough.
    Trust the admins, they know what they are doing. Else they wouldnt be admins.

17. Jack_Howitzer

Jack_Howitzer Master seeder Clan Member Mongol

Jack_Howitzer
    In a case like this it makes sense to leave one spare asset in main. Some players just don't get the idea of having spare assets, they think that it is always best to use all of the vehicles without any concern about the skills of the additional crews. However, it would be quite questionable to leave one of only two heavy assets, like tanks sitting in the main at the start of the round, but it wasn't the case here. I myself rather leave usually one spare asset (usually not tank tho) in the main if there is no competent crew available to use it. From experience, it's almost always better to have one spare vehicle which allows the experienced crew(s) to play more freely and take some risks, than giving the spare asset to someone that is just gonna drive it to first ambush and die.

Another funny thing is that usually newer players tend to go ballistic if some assets have spawned and the asset squad is not using said assets immediatly after their spawn. All they think is assets have to have 100% utilization rate. Sometimes it would be completely OK for the team if for example APC squad would be running around with VN-3 killing sh*t after their WZ551s have spawned, if the situation allows it. If the team is not in urgent need of heavy asset support, it doesn't matter if the asset squad doesn't use their assets immediatly after respawn.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.